COMO Uma Punakha is an intimate, luxury lodge located at the far western end of the lush Punakha Valley. From our picturesque base overlooking a snake-like bend in the Mo Chu river, Uma Punakha is ideally located for those who wish to explore this remote Himalayan Kingdom.
With nine hillside Valley View rooms, and two free-standing luxury private villas (one One-Bedroom Villa and one two-bedroom COMO Villa), COMO Uma Punakha provides luxury in the wilderness in signature COMO style. Our Bukhari restaurant serves both local and international cuisine, while our standalone COMO Shambhala Retreat offers traditional holistic therapies.
Those seeking more than just luxury accommodation in Bhutan will not be disappointed by COMO Uma Punakha. The property is part of the landscape, nestled on a hillside at a bend in the Mo Chu river. This means every room commands sweeping views of the Punakha Valley and the Mo Chu as it winds its way through the rice fields and orchards.
Dining and Cuisine
Much of our produce comes from local farmers-Punakha is considered one of the most bountiful valleys in Bhutan-which means we benefit from fresh vegetable, fruit and dairy products every day. All of this is used in traditional dishes as well as our international menus.
Discover the calming spirit of COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Uma Punakha. We offer a range of holistic, Asian-inspired treatments including signature massages, facials and body therapies. Treatments are also available to those staying elsewhere in the Punakha Valley.
- Therapies – At COMO Shambhala Retreat at Uma Punakha, those seeking a spa holiday in Bhutan will discover Asian-inspired treatments including massage and restorative bodycare therapies.
- Body Care – The body care treatments at COMO Shambhala Retreat are among the most indulgent in Bhutan.
COMO Uma Punakha is located a five-hour drive from COMO Uma Paro in another of Bhutan’s great valleys. Steeped in the traditions that surround the property, it is the ideal location—among pine-clad valleys, lush vegetation, rushing rivers and snow-capped mountains—for those to whom the joy of discovery is reason enough for a journey.
Whether travelling with a spouse, partner, children or extended family, our sophisticated facilities are available to anyone with an overnight stay—and promise to immerse you in the local culture.
- COMO Shambhala Retreat
- Four treatment rooms
- Two private Bhutanese hot stone bath house treatment rooms (90 sq metres)
- Gym (67sq metres)
- Indoor pool (46sq metres) with outdoor sundeck
- Yoga Weeks led by world-renowned teachers
- Archery field
- Business Centre with library and Internet service
- Meeting room for 12 people with dedicated staff
- Gift shop
- Restaurant bar and lounge
- Private event spaces
- Organic vegetable garden