- Visit Bhutan’s cultural and historical heritage sites such as fortresses, monasteries and temples
- Hike to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery – one of Bhutan’s most sacred places
- Visit Trashichho Dzong and Punakha Dzong and see the beautiful architecture of the fortresses
- Visit the beautiful Dochula Pass from where you can get a spectacular view of the Himalayas
- Explore the beautiful valley of Phobjikha, the winter home of the black-necked cranes
- See how people live and learn about the traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan
- Experience the local culture and taste Bhutanese cuisine
- Visit to the Bhutanese farmhouse and enjoy a hot medicinal stone bath
This nine-day tour program offers a glimpse of Bhutan’s rich cultural and traditional heritage and spectacular mountainous landscape. You will see the beautiful valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, and Phobjikha.
In the capital city of Thimphu, you will have the opportunity to see one of the largest statues of Buddha and to visit the Memorial Chorten. You will also learn more about Bhutanese life, arts and crafts from the visit to the folk museum, the institute of arts and crafts and the institute of traditional medicines. One highlight is the visit to the Trashichho Dzong, the seat of the administrative and religious power in Bhutan and which houses the throne room.
In Punakha, the old capital of Bhutan, you can see the Punakha Dzong nestled between two rivers and also make a visit to the sacred Chimi Lhakhang.
In Phobjikha, you will have the opportunity to walk through the pristine natural environment which is winter roosting ground of the endangered black-necked cranes.
In Paro, for a memory of a lifetime, you can visit the memorable Tiger’s Nest temple which is perched high up in the cliffs, and also visit Drugyel Dzong, a fortress of historical significance.
Detailed Tour Program:
DAY 01 ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
The flight into Bhutan will give you a spectacular view of the Himalayan mountain ranges. On a clear day, you can see Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
Your tour representative will receive you upon arrival. The drive from Paro to Thimphu (capital city) will take you through beautiful rice terraced fields and alongside the gushing Pho Chu and Wang Chu rivers.
Afternoon visit Kuensel Phodrang where a biggest statue of Lord Buddha (169 ft) has been built overlooking the Thimphu valley. Evening visit the Memorial Chorten built in memory of the third King of Bhutan.
DAY 02 %C